Tuesday, November 18, 2008

sweater-y goodness


Okay, this is an outfit that the picture doesn't do justice to! It was such a great, snuggly sweater that is oversized but still clings enough to show off my shape, and the slacks are just nice basic gray slacks that match the sweater great. The picture kind of washes the color out of both, though, and it looks kind of boring. It was a very cold snowy day here today, and this sweater was just perfect! I didn't feel like I needed any necklace or headband because of the oversized drape-y collar on the sweater... but I feel like I should have done something to zing it up a bit. Any suggestions? I think this sweater will also look great with tight jeans and I plan on wearing it a lot this winter!

By the way, I have to say that the absolute worst height to be is 5'4". That's the height I am, and it sucks! It sucks because petite clothes are made to fit women up to 5'4" and regular clothes are made to fit women over 5'4", and so I'm always left with pants either just a bit too short or just a bit too long! These pants are a bit shorter than I would like, but not embarrassingly short - not high waters!

2 comments:

Ally said...

I'm just under 5'3 and it's hard - the petite stuff is too short and regular stuff is too long. I end up wearing "big girl shoes" most of the time so I'm tall enough for the regular length pants.

You look really pretty - gray doesn't wash you out like it does so many folks. :)

Katie Keisler said...

It must be a sweater day! It seems that everyone is wearing sweaters!! :-)

I love the neckline on that... that color looks great on you, and I don't think that the sweater is too long - I think it's meant to fit that way!

Katie