Friday, November 21, 2008

hate it!


This was not the outfit I had picked out or put on this morning, but in the process of tossing one of my cats off the bathroom counter so I could do my makeup, she grabbed my (new!) shirt with her claws and tore it. I was quite upset. I ended up settling on this outfit - maer inly because it also matched my new labyrinth necklace which I really had my heart set on wearing. I thought that the textured tan shirt and brown pants would be a nice backdrop for the necklace and that a red sweater and red boots would punch up the look a little... but its just too soccer-mom-ish for me. I looked for a red zip-front sweater hoodie for months to replace the one I lost last year, finally found this one this week, and after wearing it once I'm left wondering, "Did I always look like such a big dork in hooded sweaters?!" I'm thinking this outfit would have looked about a million times better if my jacket had been a bright red corderoy blazer. Live and learn, I guess - now I have a new item to look for at thrift stores! The purse is a recent find - its really soft yummy leather and was only $2 at goodwill!








Even if the outfit sucks, you have to admit that the necklace is pretty awesome!

No comments: