Wednesday, November 19, 2008

power suit


Okay, I don't know if this really qualifies as a power suit... but I like it! I was actually planning on wearing a black skirt instead of pants, but then saw it was going to be 18 degrees this morning and decided to go with the slacks! I had a conference to go to today and I wanted to look very professional. I really, really love the piping on this jacket. I got it at Target a couple years ago and I think this is the first time I've actually worn it! I'm tempted to wear it with my white tuxedo ruffed shirt under it, but I think it might be a little too over the top that way.

I also bought a new hat today, and got a pretty pin to decorate it. Its nice and soft made out of fleece so it can't get bent out of shape. Plus, it is super warm! I think the pin dresses it up enough so that it looks a bit dressier than a fleece hat normally would.

3 comments:

Katie Keisler said...

Aw how cute! Hey, it's a power suit if it makes you feel confident! And it looks like you feel confident in it - which makes the whole outfit work great! The hat is adorable! Love that pic!

Katie

90-Dayer said...

Very nice! Is that an Isaac Mizrahi blazer? I have one similar with the tuxedo look. Hopefully the conference was a little fun :)

Jen said...

Good call - it is Isaac Mizrahi! I got the pants that matched but they are not the ones I'm wearing. I bought the pants a size smaller than I should have (I've since learned to ALWAYS try everything on before buying) and they've never fit comfortably. The pants I have on are from Old Navy.