Monday, April 5, 2010

OMG - Pincurls!



So, I totally, totally am in love with pincurls right now. I watched a youtube tutorial on how to do them last night and tried it out - with great results! First of all, I look freaking adorable with pincurls in! Last night I barely dampened my hair, put on a scarf, slept in them, went for a run in them this morning, then took them out. The curls loosened quite a bit during the day but were still looking great at about 7pm when my husband took picture of my outfit. Tonight I washed my hair and put them in when my hair was still damp, so I'm expecting an even better outcome tomorrow. I figure that the curls will probably last at least 2 days, my hair holds curl really, really well. It only takes me about 15 minutes to do pincurls all over my hair, too! I've been in a total hair funk the last few weeks, so this is just what I needed. One of my favorite things so far about the pincurl look is that the curls look really, really natural because there's slight variations in all of them. Most curlers give such a uniform look that its obviously artificial curls.

On to my outfit for today... I just stayed home and did housework today, so I didn't really dress up - but this was the first time I paired this tank with this skirt and it matched beautifully. I'm usually not one for pairing dark blue and black, but I think this works. I'm also not one to let my bra straps show, but it worked fine in this outfit, too, I think. Anyway, this outfit was comfy and perfect for doing light yardwork and housework today. And, of course, my hair looked fabulous!!



1 comment:

Erin said...

You DO look cute in pincurls! And also that outfit, too, but the pincurls are definitely the cutest!