Friday, September 17, 2010

Improved dress

I've had this Fashion Bug dress for a couple years, and it was always too long so I finally cut about 4 inches off. It was almost too much, but this is a much more flattering length for me. I have freakishly large calf muscles and so dresses that hit right at the widest part of my calves make my legs look super thick. (my calves are super-thick, but not the rest of my legs - they're just normal-thick! I often wear really high heels, partly to visually stretch out my calves) I really like this dress, I think its very flattering to my hourglass figure. I walked around all day feeling like Christina Hendricks! I wore a blue beaded necklace and simple threader earrings, it was extra fun picking out my jewelry today because I re-organized it last night - I now have a set of hooks on the wall above my jewelry box for long and bulky necklaces - I have them arranged by color and so its functional and quite pretty!

I got a haircut today, which I badly needed! I had been planning on letting my hair grow out into a shaggy, longer pixie cut - more Audrey Hepburn than Morena Baccarin. However, I have very thick coarse hair, and so it just takes too long to style at that length - its a lot of work to get it NOT to poof up during the day. So, the super-short works better for me. Ta-da!

2 comments:

Erin said...

It's a sister smirky smile!

Melissa said...

That dress is great on you. And OOOH, dimples! :) You have a gorgeous smile!