Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Easy day, easy outfit...


Why is it I feel the need to wear easy outfits days when I'm really busy (like yesterday) and days that are really easy (today)? Today I worked a half day, then came home and did our annual business taxes for the state we're incorporated in and the state we live in (six month extention, due tomorrow), then my husband and kids and I had a snacky-snack dinner and watched a movie. Other than having to do the taxes, it was a lovely day! Tomorrow I'll be back to rushing about as usual - Etsy shop, work, take my daughter to violin lesson, church activities. Whew!

So, this is a basic dress from Fashion Bug, my absolute favorite jacket, my faux suede studded purse and Seychelle heels again. I also wore my amber earings, one of my new bracelets that had some amber charms on it, and a fascinator. Every time I wear a fascinator, tons of people comment on it. I think they've come back into fashion, but it hasn't trickled down to my rural neighborhood yet so everyone is surprised by it.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I just love this fitted jacket. If it fit ME, I would steal it. Love, Sissy.

Melissa said...

I feel like a complete moron, but I don't really even know what a fascinator is. I know that's what's in your hair, but is it a headband? A barrette? I'm dumb.

I LOVE this dress with the jacket. The dress is sweet and feminine and then throw on the leather jacket for some toughness and it's PERFECT! You really look fantastic!

Jen said...

A fascinator is usually a headband with feathers and other adornments. I think it can technically be a comb or barrette, also - but right now headbands are pretty popular. I love them because it gives me a way to play around with my super short hair!

PS - you're not an idiot, I didn't know the term till my sister told me. :)