Sunday, February 28, 2010

Shopping day


I had such a fun day yesterday - my mom and I took the kids and went to visit my grandmother, then the kids and I visited my in-laws where my husband joined us and we all had dinner together. I love being near family! I was going for hip-young-mama with this look, but walking around downtown and catching glimpses of myself in mirrors I think I looked more like an angry-suburbanite. Oh, well... You can't see in this picture, but my hair was up in a very messy bun and when I went out I had on a black leather jacket and black purse, and my black boots have 4 or 5 inch heels. It just all kind of came off as bitchy, somehow... and not in a fun or cool way! Maybe it was all in my head, though, because my mom, my grandmother, and some random woman at a store all complimented me on this outfit! I looked for a long time to find a tiered shirt that didn't add 20 lbs to my frame, and I really love this one. The shrug worked perfectly with it since its sleeveless!

My daughter, on the other hand was adorable and insisted on being in the picture with me. She really loves strips obviously!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I love that shirt. And black doesn't equal bitchy. Durr, it obviously equals COOL! And yes, my god-daughter is adorkable.