Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My favorite accessory

At the moment, my favorite accessory is this headband:

So far I had worn it just with a black dress, letting the headband take the attention... but after putting on a green sweater this morning I realized it would look great! My mother- and father-in-law got this headband for me when they were visiting NYC a couple months ago. You can find lots of similar ones on Etsy, though.

This outfit is a basic work outfit for me... knee-high boots because there's still about a foot of snow on the ground, skinny jeans (since I have to wear boots), a button-down shirt left untucked, and a warm sweater. I like it okay, I wish I'd gotten the skinny jeans (from A.N.A. at JCPenney) one size larger, these are somewhat obscenely tight. I was wearing a diamond pendant necklace, but after deciding to add the headband I felt like my face was too cluttered with threader earrings, glasses with a thick frame, headband, and a necklace. I'm still liking my haircut, though I trimmed a few of the longer layers again myself this morning. There was too much of a separation between the shortest and longest layers in the front, so I trimmed the longer ones. I'm also growing my bangs out a bit... I'm thinking I'd rather have some jaw-length layers than bangs. Luckily, my hair grows crazy fast so it shouldn't take long.

No comments: