Friday, January 22, 2010

General

Today I'm in the process of cleaning house, so hopefully by this evening my living room will look nice enough to take pictures in. So, till then I'll share some generalities about what I like...

MAKEUP: I loooooove wearning makeup, and even though I've been wearing makeup regularly since I was about 13, I found this tutorial VERY helpful!

Makeup in 5 Minutes Part 1
Makeup in 5 Minutes Part 2

Though, I will admit that in my profile pic the only makeup I'm wearing is lip gloss. I have a few different levels of makeup. For days I'm a stay-at-home mama, I just wear moisturizer and lip gloss. Days I'm running errands, I usually wear foundation or tinted moisturizer, cream blush, mascara, and lip gloss. For days I'm working out of the home, going to church, going out with my husband, etc I wear foundation, cream blush, eye shadow, black eyeliner, white eyeliner on the lower water line, mascara, and lipstick. I used to wear contacts on days I was out, but I don't do that much anymore now that I have glasses I really love.

SHOES: I adore high heels. The higher the better! My favorite style is super-high-heeled peep toes. I have pairs like that in brown, red, and cream right now. I also love super high heels with an ankle strap - I have two black pairs like that. During the winter I tend more toward boots. I have a couple pairs with really high heels, but also a couple pair with low heels that are more reasonable for bad weather days.

JACKETS/COATS: This is a real weakness of mine! I have a ton of jackets... thank goodness for thrift stores! I have several leather jackets that I absolutely adore: one black short jacket, two short brown jackets, one long brown jacket, and one long red jacket. I also have a wool pea coat, a wool dress coat that's long, a down jacket that's short, a mini-trench raincoat that's black, a cropped denim jacket, and a regular denim jacket.

NAIL POLISH: I used to always, always, always have my nails painted bright, funky colors... but since having kids that has just not been maintainable. Now I keep my fingernails and toenails super-short and keep either clear or sparkle nail polish on them. When I'm wearing sandals and peep-toes a lot during the summer I make sure my toenails are always sparkly and pretty!

1 comment:

Erin said...

This post makes it even MORE obvious that you're better put together than I am. And into that whole freaky "heels" thing.
-sissy