Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Field Trip day


I went with my daughter's school on a field trip today to a local organic farm. We planted potatoes and had a picnic next to a lake - it was lovely! I didn't get to wear any of my awesome shoes, I figured the only appropriate footwear was either sneakers or mudboots. But, I wore this amazing shirt that my sister got me at a thrift store. I never would have thought I'd be in love with a camo-animal print-floral shirt, but I am!














My new haircut allows me to really show off long earrings, and I love these. A friend got them in Afghanistan for me, the only thing I don't like about them is that they are really, really heavy. I'm still loving my new haircut - I've gotten tons of compliments on it! The only negative comment I've gotten is from a man at church tonight - he said, "You know, Jennifer, now you have 'teacher hair.'" WHAT? An edgy pixie is what I'm going for! Everyone else has told me that the cut really showcases my eyes and face and that the cut really suits my personality. My daughter's teacher told me I looked fierce!

No comments: