Wednesday, October 22, 2008

so what's the point?

Well, I've started this blog... and I guess I should explain why!

I realized a few weeks ago that my favorite blogs to read right now are ones that have to do with clothes and people's personal style. I've been trying to define/redefine myself for the past year or so with regards to my style. I'm 28 years old, a mother of two young kids, I work part time in a school system (not as a teacher, though), and own a small business with my husband of seven years. I'm a little psycho about exercising and eating healthy, but try not to let my weight define every moment of my life (anymore).

I realized a year or so ago when I finally decided to move away from functional clothing to stylish clothing, that my personal sense of style had not developed much since college. I'm really too old to be dressing like a cute co-ed, and after two kids I don't really have the body for it anyway. BUT, I'm too young to dress "like a mom." (If I ever go out in Mom-jeans, I want someone to shoot me and put me out of my misery.) So, I'm trying to find slightly off-beat, stylish clothes that reflect my personality and lifestyle. I live in a very rural area now, but until last year I lived in a metro area that was very affluent. I lean somewhat towards the yuppie/preppy style, but my ideals are much more in line with the hippie movement. I guess I would describe my style as somewhat urban-bohemian? I like interesting jewelry, Asian inspired styles and fabrics, and I usually seem to gravitate toward black and red pieces in my wardrobe. And, I'm developing a major obsession with shoes!

As far as where I buy my clothes - I'm addicted to shopping at thrift stores! I also like outlet-type places like TJ Max and Marshall's. I'm quite the bargain hunter!

No comments: